,

The Hardest Trivia Quiz You’ll Ever Take

Although if you're a fan of QI, you might have a bit of an advantage.

1. Oxygen
2. Nitrogen
3. Carbon Dioxide
4. Argon

Your first instinct might have been to say oxygen, but in fact air only contains 20% oxygen, whereas nitrogen makes up 78% of the air we breathe, along with 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases.

1. Crocodile dung
2. Goat bladders
3. Leather

The Kuhn gynaecological papyrus, written in around 1800BC, is one of the earliest descriptions of contraception. It describes using a clump of crocodile dung as a pessary before sex to prevent sperm entering the womb.

This surprisingly common phobia can also include dead chickens and eggs. It takes its name from the Greek alektor, meaning a rooster.

1. A convocation of hippos
2. A bloat of hippos
3. A shoal of hippos

It's also OK to call them a pod, or even a school. But not a shoal.

1. True
2. False

The "10% percent of the brain" myth isn't true. It's been perpetuated for years, possibly because it's appealing to think that we could all be geniuses if we could tap into the other 90%. We actually use almost every part of the brain, and our entire brains are active most of the time.

Almost every geographical feature on Venus has a female name (usually a mythological goddess), except for three features, one of which is Maxwell Montes, the highest mountain on the planet, named after physicist James Clerk Maxwell.

1. It's changed position
2. It's changed colour
3. It's no longer holding a trident

Lady Liberty is made from copper. She was a traditional burnished red-orange at first, but the copper reacted with air and moisture and developed a pale green outer layer called a patina.

1. Because the Earth is closer to the sun in summer
2. Because of the tilt of the Earth's axis
3. Because the Earth has an elliptical orbit

All season fluctuations are due to the fact that our planet is tilted on its axis. The Earth travels in a loop around the sun each year. Summer happens in the hemisphere tilted towards the sun, and winter happens in the hemisphere tilted away from the sun.

1. Burnt steak and hot metal
2. Nothing
3. Farts

Astronauts returning from a spacewalk have reported smells of "seared steak" or"hot metal". According to chemist Steve Pearce, the smell is caused by high-energy vibrations in particles brought back inside which mix with the air.

1. At your hand
2. At a tree

It's the official medical term for the back of your hand.

1. Yungay in the Atacama Desert in Chile
2. Furnace Creek in Death Valley, California
3. The Dry Valleys in Antarctica

The Atacama desert is the driest nonpolar location in the world, but the absolute driest location is the Dry Valleys, a 4,800-square-kilometre region in Antarctica that has seen no rain for nearly 2 million years. It's considered to be the place on Earth that's most like Mars.

1. He wanted to prove the Earth was round
2. He was looking for a westward route to Asia
3. He was looking for America

Christopher Columbus was determined to find a direct water-based trading route west from Europe to Asia, but he never did. Instead, he accidentally stumbled upon the Americas, changing the course of world history forever.

All 12 questions completed!


Share results:

The Hardest Trivia Quiz You'll Ever Take

Want more stuff like this?

Get the best viral stories straight into your inbox!
Don`t worry, we don`t spam

One Comment

Leave a Reply
  1. Crocodile dung as a covering over the mouth of the womb? If I took this quiz again in an hour, I’d still get this wrong because I’m wiping that out of my mind forever.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Tell Us Five Of Your Favorite TV Shows And We’ll Tell You What To Watch Next

This Visually-Pleasing Miyazaki Test Will Reveal Which Character Is Your Best Friend